Bridal Hair Trials - what to bring/expect
Your wedding day should be inspired by the type of event you're looking at having. Weather it;s a beach wedding, romantic vineyard wedding or an all out glamorous event, your hair style can express your style and set the mood for the evening ahead.
To achieve the look of what you're wanting here are a few tips for you to think about.
- Figure out the style your're wanting to go for and find pictures that suit your desired look e.g. romantic, classic, boho, elegant etc. Having a visual is always easier to communicate what you're wanting when talking to your hairstylist.
- Think of your dress. Your hairstyle should compliment it, not compete with it. For a simple dress you can go for a more dramatic style whereas if your dress is extravagant and full of sparkles, a more subtle yet elegant updo might work better. Also the neckline is the key shape to keep in mind when choosing a style. A full on updo might look too bare on a strapless dress.
- Have a trial! This is an absolute must. It gives you the time to sort out the perfect style for you and eliminates stress for you on your wedding day. Book your trial anytime from 3 months to a couple of weeks before your wedding day once you've got your dress and style sorted. Take along any hair accessories you may be having as well as being open to any suggestions on the day.
- NEVER change your hairstyle or colour in the last few weeks leading up to your wedding as this could lead to disasters and unwanted stress.
- Always remember to be you on your day and be comfortable with what you wear. This is your big day after all where all eyes are going to be on you.
The trial payment is to be paid cash on the day or arranged by bank deposit prior.
Bring pictures of hair you like the feel of. It doesn't have to to be exact, more to give me a feel for what you are attracted to. We use this as a starting point to work out what you like and what will suit you.
A picture of your dress is also helpful. Wear a white or cream top. No high collars.
Weekday bookings are ideal,weekend bookings are subject to availability as primarily weekends are booked with weddings.
When picking a date/time for your trial, its great to team up with your makeup artist so you can see the whole look together.
We all like a wine but if your planning on having your trial on your hens night maybe book before the party or hold off and book another day to make sure you can get the most out of it.